- Tea ceremony experience with an experienced host
- Chance to wear a traditional Japanese kimono
- Enjoy matcha, powdered green tea, and Japanese sweets
- Learn and understand Japanese culture
- Take commemorative photos in various wonderful scenes
Osaka Tea Ceremony and Kimono ExperienceEnjoy matcha and Japanese sweets, dressed in Japanese traditional kimono
What to Expect
Enjoy matcha and Japanese sweets while dressed in Japanese traditional kimono on this guided experience. Tea ceremonies are held in a classical Japanese-style room, with the full support of an experienced tea ceremony host who will teach you about appropriate behaviour and tool usage. Language support in Japanese, as well as in Chinese or English is available. This experience is the perfect opportunity to experience and understand Japanese culture with delicious tea and sweets.
Japanese tea ceremonies have fixed, procedure-like rituals. The essence of the tea ceremony is to pursue the "inner beauty that comes out when hosting others" through the process of wearing kimono, enjoying Matcha, and tasting authentic Japanese desserts that match the tea.
There are 4 spirits we value in tea ceremony experience in Maiyoka, which are ? (wa), ? (kei), ? (sei) and ?(jaku). ? (wa) means harmony, sharing and enjoying the tea culture. ? (kei) means humbleness and respect for others including nature and predecessors. ? (sei) means noble mind without evil thoughts, also a purified tea rooms and tools. ?(jaku) means emptiness or nothing, symbolizing unperturbed, calm mind regardless of the situation. These 4 spirits are from "ZEN" philosophy.
- Dress in kimono
- Learn manners in the tea ceremony
- Enjoy Matcha and Japanese sweets
- Enjoy photo sessions
Frequently Asked Questions
- Meeting point: KIMONO TEA CEREMONY MAIKOYA OSAKA / 1-22-7, Shin-machi, Nishi-ku, Osaka-city
- A 8-minute walk from Osaka Metro Midosuji Line "SHINSAIBASHI" station
- A 3-minute walk from Osaka Metro Yotsubashi Line "YOTSUBASHI" station
- A 2-minute walk from Osaka Metro Nagahori Tsurumi-ryokuchi Line "NISHIOHASHI" station
- Our Advertised Price and Net Rate DO NOT include the Japanese Consumption Tax.
- 7 to 4 days before the tour date 40% of the tour price
- 3 to 2 days before the tour date 60% of the tour price
- The day before the tour date, on the day of the tour 100% of the tour price
- Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
- The cancellation fee includes handling charges.
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely