- 6 nights accommodation
- Orientation walk of Palermo
- Welcome dinner in Palermo
- Return bus tickets to Mondello beach
- Return train tickets to Cefalu
- Orientation walk of Catania, Siracusa and Noto
- Round trip transportation from Catania to Siracusa and Noto
- Excursion to Mt. Etna & Taormina
- Maps, info and tips about all places
- Full time expertise and service of our awesome Italy on a Budget tours guides
7 Days / 6 Nights - Discovering Sicily On A Budget7 days to discover and explore the most famous towns of Sicily
What to Expect
Visit the towns of Palermo, Cefalù, Catania, Taormina, Siracusa, and Noto. Hike the active volcano Mt. Etna and relax on the beach of Mondello. This is the perfect getaway to visit the best of Sicily in a short time.
- 7 days to get the taste of Sicily
- Discover Sicily's Capital, Palermo
- Sample traditional Sicilian mouth-watering products & wines
- Spend time on the most beautiful Italian sandy beaches
- Learn the traditions, the customs and the history of this fascinating island
- Hike Mt Etna and be amazed by the view from the top
- Take a stroll through the narrow streets of Taormina
- Visit the Baroque town of Noto
DAY 1 - PALERMO
We meet in Sicily's capital, Palermo! In the afternoon you will meet your Italy on a Budget tour leader and fellow traveling companions at the reception of the accommodation where your tour leader will give you a briefing on what lies ahead on your tour. We will then proceed with an orientation walk of the city passing by the colorful markets of La Vucciaria and Ballarò then Quattro Canti, the Catherdral and Pretoria Quare. The tour will end in a local restaurant for a welcome dinner to get to know together with your new travel friends.
DAY 2 - MONDELLO BEACH
Today is a beach day! We will spend a full day at Mondello, a small seaside resort with a wonderful beach and turquoise sea just a short bus ride from the center of the Sicilian capital Palermo. Excursions to the sea at Mondello are also a ritual for the people of Palermo so we cannot leave Sicily without spending a bit of time at Mondello. The beach is generally crowded in high season but it is a great way to take a break from a city sightseeing schedule. Here you will be able to hire pedal-boats, relax on the beach and buy food from the stalls along the street. From permanent kitchens to old men frying food on the back of little ape trucks - are good for cheap snacks on the go, selling seafood and local street food like pastries, arancini, panelle chick-pea fritters in rolls, and deep-fried vegetables. pedlars weaving up and down the beach with jewelry, sarongs, food, and drink, and generally a busy, lively atmosphere. Back to Palermo in the afternoon.
DAY 3 - CEFALU'
This day we head to the town of Cefalù which is one of the major tourist attractions in the region. Despite its size, every year it attracts millions of tourists from all parts of Sicily and also, from all over Italy and Europe for its long sandy beach, it's imposing Normal cathedral and charming old center. After an orientation walk of the city, you will have free time to walk through the narrow alleyways of the town and spend the afternoon at the beach. We will return to Palermo before dinner. Free time
DAY 4: PALERMO - CATANIA
It is time to say goodbye and continue to your new destination Catania! Once in Catania and after checking in to our accommodation we will proceed with an orientation walk of the city passing by the city's wide central square, Piazza del Duomo, the Fontana dell'Elefante statue, the richly decorated Catania Cathedral and the Pescheria, a weekday fish market surrounded by seafood restaurants. In the evening we will enjoy a traditional dinner in a local restaurant.
DAY 5: SIRACUSA & NOTO
Early start to head to Siracusa, 2,700 years old city rich of Greek history, culture, amphitheaters, architecture, and also known as the birthplace of the preeminent mathematician and engineer Archimedes. Your guide will take you for an orientation walk through the historical center and the islet of Ortigia the heart of the city of Syracuse. Here you will admire the architectural beauties of different historical periods: from the first prehistoric settlements, through the numerous remains of ancient Greek Byzantine and Norman.
In the afternoon we will continue towards Noto, 32 kilometers Southwest of the city of Syracuse, famous for its fine buildings of the early 18th century, many of which are considered to be among the finest examples of Sicilian baroque style. We will return to Catania in the evening.
DAY 6: MT. ETNA & TAORMINA
Let's discover Europe's highest active volcano with our expert guide who will lead you to discover the fascinating volcanic phenomena, walking through ancient woods, on eccentric craters and unique lava formations. During the trekking route you will be able to admire from various points, the summit craters standing in the distance.
Continue the trip towards Taormina a hilltop town on the east coast of Sicily. The town is known for the Teatro Antico di Taormina, an ancient Greco-Roman theater still used today. Near the theater, cliffs drop to the sea forming coves with sandy beaches. A narrow stretch of sand connects the mainland to Isola Bella, a tiny island and nature reserve.
DAY 7: BYE BYE CATANIA
Check out time is by 10 am but you are more than welcome to store your bags in the accommodation and spend some extra time in Catania. You can spend the day in complete relax to walk around Catania or head down to the closest sandy beach to relax and enjoy the crystal sea of Sicily. If you are hungry to discover new destinations you can easily combine this tour with any other IOAB tour. Check out the holiday page.
PAYMENT OPTIONS: Pay only 50% deposit to secure your spot when booking online and the remaining 40 days before the trip
TRAVEL MORE: Combine the Buongiorno Italia with the
- AMALFI COAST TOUR departing on Thursday from Rome and returning on Sunday just before you start the 7 day trip on Monday. We recommend taking an overnight ferry from Naples to Palermo.
- 7 D BUONGIORNO ITALIA departing on Monday in Rome
- 13 D MAMMA MIA! departing on Monday in Rome
- 7 D LET'S GO SOUTH departing on Monday in Rome
Frequently Asked Questions
We promote a youth market 18-39 years old. What does this mean? Does it mean that you have just had your 40th birthday so you won't be welcome if you are a more seasoned traveler? That we are going to card you at the door? No way!
It means that we have a general audience of college students, backpackers, solo travelers, etc... that often fall into this category. The tours are more fast-paced, budget-minded and include activities for travelers to meet and connect with other passengers of the same age from all parts of the world who share the same interests, lifestyles, and travel styles.
We are not strict with the age limit and people older than 39 are always welcome to join our tours as long as you are young in heart, have no walking disabilities and are happy to be with younger people.
Our brand is designed around this unique experience geared towards younger travelers, so only passengers that fit this demographic travel with us.
Don’t panic! The first step is to speak to your bank. All purchases made on our website will appear as purchases being made in Switzerland as our website booking provider is a Swiss-based company, so be sure your bank is aware you will be making Swiss purchases to avoid having your payment flagged as possible fraudulent activity. If you cannot resolve the problem with your bank, you should email firstname.lastname@example.org immediately so we can proceed with a manual booking.
Let us start by saying that If you want to pay for one of your products but the Credit Card is in a different currency than the currency in which we sell our tours, then you have 2 options. This can be selected on the screen where you enter your credit card details by selecting "view currency conversion options":
TrekkSoft does the currency conversion to accept the customer's currency, exchanging that into the currency in which we operate our tours. This is called dynamic currency conversion since we display the actual USD price (Or whatever currency your card is in) to you at the time of booking and this is the amount which is debited from your card without any further conversions or charges.
The card issuer ( your bank) does this currency conversion and applies a commission and processing fee. So this is when a tour is in EUR for example, and you are charged in EUR even though your credit card account is in USD. So your bank gives you an exchange rate which you will only see on your monthly statement.
In either case, as we are not a bank, the conversion is not the same as you would see on the likes of xe.com since these are the wholesale currency values, these rates are not available to anyone in reality.
The retail rates are always higher since there are differences in buying selling rates, and there are commissions and transaction fees when exchanging currencies. Whatever currency you pay, we will receive the amount as displayed in EUR
This could either mean that the tour is sold out or that it is no longer possible to book the date online due to the cut off time. If you are interested in a specific departure date e-mail email@example.com and we will be happy to let you know if we still have available spots for that tour.
The hostels we collaborate with are very safe in fact in each room you can find a personal locker where you can store your valuable objects and bags. You just need to bring your own lock or sometimes you can hire it directly at the reception.
Depending on your nationality, you may require visas to enter Italy. You are fully responsible for obtaining all necessary visas prior to the departure of your trip. Italy on a Budget is not legally permitted to knowingly allow anybody who does not have a valid visa to join a trip. Consult your travel agent to determine which visas you require and how to obtain them.
Cancellation, unexpected medical expenses, injuries, theft, lost luggage or money can significantly disrupt and ruin your holiday. Italy on a Budget strongly recommends that you take our comprehensive insurance cover for cancellation, medical expenses, evacuation and repatriation expenses, personal accident, personal baggage, money, and public liability before you travel.
Upon receipt of the final payment, your trip documentation will be released 20 days prior to your departure containing final details and info about the accommodation. You will also receive a day by day itinerary including full details & costs of all optional activities available on your trip.
The optional activities need to be arranged and organized not later than 1 week prior to your arrival since they are subject to availability. You can either book the activities directly on our website or by email sent to our team. You can choose to pay in cash ( local currency ) directly to your trip manager on day one of your trip or by credit card if booked online.
- Travel on a Budget may not be held responsible for any delay, deviation, or cancellation due to weather conditions, traffic and national strikes even if as a result you miss a connecting service.
- No trip may be canceled or changed by you at any time based on weather conditions if they are not considered by the Travel on a Budget an obstacle to the tour. This will cause a complete loss of the tour booked with no refund.
- Travel on a Budget reserves the right to cancel the tours ( bike tours, horseback riding, boat trip) when the weather conditions are considered to be dangerous for the client’s safety. In this case Travel on a Budget will suggest taking the tour on a different day or the possibility to transfer the booking to a different tour of the same value. Alternatively, Travel on a Budget will issue the full refund of the activity paid
- Travel on a Budget may not be held responsible for any train national strikes. National strikes are outside the tour operator's control.
- If the National strike is announced well in advance and effects the itinerary of the tour, Travel on a Budget will inform the clients by email to offer to organize the same tour for a different date or Travel on a Budget will refund the tour in full
- If the National strike is only announced on the day of the tour and effects the itinerary of the tour, the tour leader will have the right to cancel the tour at the meeting point or offer the same tour for a different date. The client, in this case, is entitled otherwise to ask for a full refund. The tickets for the leaning towers, however, are not refundable and nontransferable.
- If the National strike is only announced when the tour has already started, Travel on a Budget will refund the part of the tour unused corresponding to the travel fees, any meals not used and a compensation fee.
- In case of operational reasons or matters not due to Travel on a Budget (road conditions, strikes, delays, changes in opening times or other problems), the tour operator may modify the tour at any time or replace it with alternative services of the same type and quality. In such a case, there will be no change in the price of the excursion.
- No refund will be given to those clients who do not show up at the correct departure time and point, or to those who lose contact with the guide and therefore do not complete the excursion.
- It is the passenger's responsibility to get in touch with Travel on a Budget if running late to the meeting point or if you can’t find the guide to assist you as much as possible. If you miss the tour, no refund will be possible. If the customer wishes to reschedule the same day tour to a different date, the full amount of the tour must be repaid.
- The passenger is always due to the meeting point 15 mins/20mins before the departure
- No refunds will be made in respect of any unused portion of a ticket or partially completed trip.
- Change of a booking by the client must be made in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cancellations must be always communicated to Travel on a Budget in writing.
- For cancellations communicated to Travel on a Budget in writing to email@example.com within at least 2 (two) days/ 48h prior to the tour, our Agency allows the clients to receive a full refund of the amount paid at no extra cost. For online bookings, the full refund of the tour, except for the € 2 booking fee which is not refundable, will be authorized and the money will be paid directly back in the card used to book in 5 working days.
- For the bookings made with Travel on a Budget directly either by bank transfer or credit card, a 7% processing fee will be applied.
- No refund will be possible when canceling the reservation of the tour/activity with less than at least 2 (two) days notice/ 48h prior to the booked excursion date except for the trip to NAPLES and POMPEII where we require a 2 weeks/15days notice. After this time no refund will be possible.
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely