- Get up to $30 cash back per person when you book with us
- Full day trip to World Heritage-listed S.S.Yongala Wreck, in the heart of the Great Barrier Reef
- 2 Certified dives on Yongala Wreck, with full gear provided
- Return ferry included
- Dive site briefings & environmental education for better insights into your adventure
- Iced water, cordial, tea & coffee throughout the day
- Experienced, professional, fun & safe crew to guide you through the day
- All EMC’s & mooring fees
- Departs from the meeting point at Breakwater Marina, 26 Mariners Drive, The Strand, Townsville
- Lunch & snacks – BYO is welcome & there is cold storage onboard
- Guided dive (mandatory for divers with less than 15 logged dives)
- Enriched Air Nitrox (must be Nitrox certified or training)
- Camera hire (includes SD card, yours to keep)
WHAT TO EXPECT
Want to visit one of the top 5 wreck dives in the world? Then get introduced to the S.S. Yongala!
Visit the S.S. Yongala and make the most of this phenomenal dive site. The wreck is situated in the World Heritage-listed Great Barrier Reef Marine Park and is protected under the Historic Shipwreck Act (1976). The artifacts, marine life and variety of corals that cover the wreck are simply spectacular.
The 110m ship sank during a cyclone on March 23rd, 1911, with the loss of all 122 people aboard. It was not until 1958 that the wreck was first dived, and due to its remote location, it has remained mostly untouched. The wreck begins 15m below the surface and extends to 29m. The friendly and knowledgeable crew will share the stories about its history and some of the people who perished when it sank.
Since it is the only large reef structure in the region, the marine life gathers at the wreck creating Australia's best dive sites. Everything on this wreck is big – the fish, the schools, the wreck, and the adrenaline! Often seen are turtles, sea snakes, giant trevally, Queensland gropers, eagle rays, manta rays, sharks, thousands of tropical fish and in the cooler months, humpback whales.
This tour is perfect for divers with a current Open Water Dive Certificate who've logged a minimum of 6 open water dives (less than 15 dives will require mandatory guided dives).
Stay refreshed with iced water, cordial, tea & coffee available throughout the day. Lunch and snacks are not included, but BYO food is most welcome, and there's cold storage available for use onboard to keep your sandwiches or snacks cool and fresh.
Where we Visit:
- S.S. Yongala Wreck
Is car parking available at the Breakwater Terminal?
There is car parking available at the Breakwater Terminal starting from $8.00 per day for a standard vehicle. The car park has adequate lighting but is not fenced. Vehicles are left at their own risk. Secure lock up parking is available at Metro Quays Car Park in Ogden St.
- Passengers contact details while in Townsville/Magnetic Island, height, weight, shoe size will need to be provided with all bookings
- Divers must hold a current Open Water Dive Certificate and have logged a minimum of 6 open water dives (less than 15 dives will require mandatory guided dives) and must have dived in the last 12 months or a refresher course will be required at the guest’s own expense prior to the tour
- A medical declaration is required for divers (available on application). A Fitness to Dive certificate from your doctor may be required
- This tour is not suitable for children
Cancellation of a booking or part thereof will incur the following fees:
- More than 30 days before departure – 10% of the total cost
- Between 7 and 30 days before departure - 50% of the total cost
- Less than 7 days before departure - 80% of the total cost
- Within 24 hours of departure - 100% of the total cost
- A ‘no show’ will incur a 100% penalty
Read full supplier's terms & conditions