- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us
- Return ferry
- Half-day sailing experience around Magnetic Island, taking in the magnificent scenery & stopping at one of the secluded bays for a swim
- Delicious lunch of fresh, local seafood & antipasto platters
- Sip on local beers, organic wines or soft drinks served with lunch & on the return sail
- Refreshments including tea, coffee & water
- Use of protective stinger suits & environmentally-friendly sunscreen
- Departs from the meeting point at Nelly Bay, Magnetic Island
- All EMC reef tax charges
WHAT TO EXPECT
Join us aboard a beautiful 58-foot sailing yacht, SS Pilgrim, for a relaxing lunchtime sail in the magical waters surrounding Magnetic Island. Take in the pristine scenery and natural landscapes of the region while you enjoy the magic of sailing with just a few other guests.
Set sail around to one of the secluded bays, with crystal-clear water and the opportunity to get up close and personal with the local wildlife, including a variety of reef fish, kites, sea-eagles, turtles and maybe even a dugong. Once at anchor, have fun with a refreshing swim, chill out on the giant inflatable mat or just relax onboard the vessel.
Indulge in a delicious lunch of fresh local prawns and bugs and an antipasto platter served with a baguette. Crisp Tamburlaine organic wines, premium local beer and soft drinks will also be available with lunch and served on the sail home while you sit back, unwind and take in the stunning scenery. You can also choose to have a go at the helm or learn a bit about sailing.
Situated within the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park, and enjoying over 300 days of sunshine per year on average, Magnetic Island is the ideal place to soak in the tropical climate on a lunchtime sail. At the right time of year (late June to September) you may even spot some migrating Humpback Whales.
Where We Visit
- Magnetic Island
What should I bring?
- Flat white-soled or non-marking shoes (or you can go barefoot if you prefer)
- Comfortable clothes
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & a hat
- Swimmers & towel
What about the weather?
We are not fair-weather sailors & will sail even if there's a little rain. There is plenty of space below and an awning on deck.
On days when the weather may pose a challenge to our sailing cruise, we will communicate with you during the day of the cruise only (not the day before as forecasts that far out can be very inaccurate and we could end up making the wrong decision.)
How long do we spend at anchor?
Generally, we spend around an hour and a half at anchor - just enough time to have some fun, relax and have lunch.
Which bays do we visit on the lunchtime sailing cruise?
Our favourite bays to visit are Radical Bay, Florence Bay or Arthur Bay. Where we go depends on the wind/swell conditions on the day and also guests' preferences. We have a chat with all our guests on the day and find out their preferences and combine that with our advice based on the day's conditions.
Please note that no commercial operators are permitted to visit Florence Bay and Balding Bay on weekends.
Is the boat suitable for the elderly or people with difficulty walking?
If they can walk up a couple of stairs with assistance, then yes and we can make them very comfortable on board.
- Cruise is subject to a minimum of 6 guests
- Due to the small number of passengers on these tours, it is advised to book early
- Dietary requirements must be requested at the time of booking
- The Operator reserves the right to change or cancel your booking in accordance with operating requirements or circumstances beyond its control
- More than 30 days before departure – 10% of total cost
- Between 7 and 30 days before departure - 50% of total cost
- Less than 7 days before departure - 80% of total cost
- Within 24 hours of departure - 100% of total cost
Read full supplier's terms & conditions