- 2- hour cruise through Mooloolaba canals
- Bush tucker inspired lunch including fresh Mooloolaba prawns and oysters
- Complimentary drink on arrival
- Local Indigenous storytelling and traditions
- Interactive demonstrations and experiences
- Wildlife spotting
- Fully licenced bar with local craft beers, local spirits and delicious cocktails
- Complimentary Lemon Myrtle cocktail for Brisbane Ashes ticket holders 1 - 19 December
Saltwater Cultural Tour from MooloolabaForge a deeper connection to maritime history, the beautiful Mooloolah River and Indigenous culture with this 2 hr river cruise including bush-tucker inspired lunch.
What to Expect
Immerse yourself in the Dreamtime legends, ancient traditions, beliefs and stories of the Sunshine Coast's first eco-custodians, the Gubbi Gubbi or Kabi Kabi people on this 2 hr eco sailing cruise.
This flagship tour will have you slipping through the Mooloolaba canals on board the beautifully restored 100-year-old traditional timber sailing vessel, Spray of the Coral Coast. It launched in 1925 after being built to the same plan as the Spray, the boat used by Joshua Slocum to become the first person to circumnavigate the globe. She is now thought to be the oldest Spray sailing in Australia and possibly the world. Above deck, there is plenty of space for up to 35 guests, while the partially enclosed cockpit has comfortable seating for up to ten guests.
During the journey, you'll take a step back in history and experience the life of the traditional landowners who have lived off these bountiful coastal waters for thousands of years. Connect with the oldest living culture in the world through storytelling, didgeridoo and entertainment provided by your Indigenous Storyteller Guide as you cruise to sites of cultural significance and places where Dreamtime stories and songs originated.
Spot sea birds, turtles and dolphins as you enjoy an array of delicious bush-tucker inspired catering that brings the flavours and textures of the rain forest and the ocean to life. Lunch is served with a refreshing local craft beer, sparkling champagne or the signature Lemon Myrtle cocktail.
Where we visit:
- Mooloolaba river and canals
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, we have a newly renovated and comfortable bathroom on board.
We do our best to ensure all passengers are able to board our vessel, however, the deck space does have various obstacles and ropes. We do have seating under shade, however, the vessel itself is not wheelchair accessible. We do our best to accommodate all accessibility needs and can cater to people with limited mobility. Please note, there are 3 steep steps down a ladder to access the bathroom and saloon area.
All ages welcome, but children under 16 must be supervised at all times.
The safety and well-being of our passengers is at the forefront of our tours, therefore if the weather forecast is heavy rains/winds we will communicate within 24 hours of each tour with passengers around our decision to post-pone, in which case your ticket can be used on any future tours.
Yes, we have both cash and card facilities on board for payment of drinks and merchandise.
- By booking a service, you agree to the statement: I release, indemnify and render harmless the service Provider its servants and agents, from and against any actions or claims which may be made by me or on my behalf or by other parties for or in respect of or arising out of any injury, loss, damage or death caused by me or to my property whether by negligence, breach of contract or in any way whatsoever
- If the tour is cancelled due to weather, the operator will reschedule or alternatively a refund will be permitted. Cancellation will be communicated by the operator via text and email as soon as possible
In the event of participant cancellation, the following conditions apply:
- Participants are eligible for a ticket credit/date transfer if you cancel 24 hours prior to the scheduled tour
- Full refunds are available if you cancel 48 hours prior to the scheduled tour
- No refund or ticket credit is available if you cancel within 24 hours of the scheduled tour
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely