- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us
- A 20-min scenic plane flight over the Outback mining town of Mt Isa
- Marvel at the sheer scale of the Mount Isa mines from the air, & spot crocs in Lake Moondarra
- Departs from the meeting point at Gate 7, Mount Isa Airport, Barkly Hwy, Mount Isa
Mount Isa Scenic FlightEnjoy a 20 min scenic flight over the Outback town of Mt Isa, viewing the grand scale of the mines & natural landscapes of the area.
What to Expect
Visiting Mount Isa? Why not treat yourself to the best views in town with a scenic flight over this Outback centre.
Meet your pilot at Gate 7 at the Mt Isa Airport – you'll find it next to the Marker Aviation hangar on the General Aviation apron. Your pilot will then escort you to the aircraft for your flight.
Shortly after takeoff, you will fly over Mount Isa to view the township and take in the grand scale of the main Mount Isa Mines (MIM) operation, which extracts copper, lead, zinc and silver from the earth. It really is a sight to behold.
From there, you'll venture north to the George Fisher mine, which is one of the largest zinc, lead, and silver mines in the world. Then, continue further on to see if you can spot any freshwater crocodiles from overhead Lake Moondarra. While this is an artificial lake, it's a popular destination for both tourists and locals, with picturesque scenery, water sports, and excellent barramundi fishing.
Looking back towards the township and taking in some amazing terrain, you'll then fly back for a smooth landing. Each flight takes around 20 min.
Where we Visit:
- Mt Isa
- Mt Isa Mines
- George Fisher mine
- Lake Moondarra
- Flights are subject to minimum passengers, and the Operator reserves the right to cancel a flight/experience or re-schedule a booked flight/experience when minimum passenger numbers are not met
- The flight operator has full control and authority in respect of the safety and operational aspects of all flights and may change the flight details, refuse carriage to any passenger, or make any other decision in relation to a flight as it may consider appropriate
- Guests should arrive 30 minutes before the scheduled flight
- Guests are not permitted to bring luggage on the flight, & there are no storage facilities at the airport
- All cancellations more than 48 hours prior to flight will attract a 20% cancellation fee
- All cancellation within 24-48 hours of the flight will attract a 50% cancellation fee
- No refund will be made if a flight is cancelled on the day of the flight
- No refund will be made if passengers do not present for boarding
- A flight may be postponed without cancellation charges if it is requested more than 72 hours prior to the flight
- Refund for cancellation of compassionate grounds will be at the discretion of Northern Territory Air Services
- If a flight has to be cancelled due to adverse weather conditions or technical issues Northern Territory Air Services will refund the amount in full or offer an alternative flight at no extra cost
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely