- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us
- Relaxing 90-minute sail at sunset around Magnetic Island & the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park taking in the magnificent scenery
- Sip on unlimited local beers, Australian organic wines or soft drinks served throughout the cruise
- Delicious cheese platter, just for you, with local cheeses served with homemade pumpkin chutney
- Departs from the meeting point at Nelly Bay, Magnetic Island
WHAT TO EXPECT
Join us on board a luxury 58-foot yacht for an unforgettable all-inclusive sunset sail around Cleveland Bay. Take in the pristine scenery and natural landscapes of the region while you sip Australian organic wines or premium local beers, nibble on delicious cheeses and watch the amazing Magnetic Island sunset.
Sit back as you enjoy the magic of sailing through the peaceful waters around Magnetic Island on a 90-minute cruise. Situated within the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park, and enjoying over 300 days of sunshine per year on average, this beautiful Tropical North Queensland region is the ideal place for a twilight sail. At the right time of year (late June to September) you may even spot some migrating Humpback Whales.
After a full briefing to ensure everyone feels comfortable and safe, we'll set sail out of the marina at Magnetic Island. Throughout your cruise, experience first-class service while you enjoy unlimited wines from a selection of Tamburlaine Organic Wines, including Sparkling, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling and a Rose (please note, we don't serve red wine). Alternatively, for non-wine drinkers, you can enjoy unlimited locally brewed beer from the Townsville Brewery, soft drinks or non-alcoholic gin options. While you sip, enjoy a delicious cheese platter with a selection of local cheeses - be sure to try the homemade pumpkin chutney.
While the twilight colours intensify, your skipper will line the boat up for the perfect view of the sun setting over Magnetic Island - make sure your cameras are ready! You can sit back and unwind, or take the opportunity to have a go at the helm. Once the sun has set, we will lower the sails and motor back into Nelly Bay Harbour in time for your dinner plans.
Where We Visit
- Magnetic Island - Cleveland Bay
What should I bring?
- Flat white-soled or non-marking shoes or you can go barefoot
- Comfortable clothes & a light jacket in the cooler months
What about the weather?
We are not fair-weather sailors & will sail even if there's a little rain. There is plenty of space below and an awning on deck.
On days when the weather may pose a challenge to our sailing cruise, we will communicate with you during the day of the cruise only (not the day before as forecasts that far out can be very inaccurate and we could end up making the wrong decision.)
Where do we go on the sunset cruise?
The route of the 90-minute or more sailing cruise in Cleveland Bay will depend on the wind (strength and direction) and the skipper; Paul will ensure that it is the most comfortable ride for the prevailing conditions. Please note we do not anchor on our sunset cruises.
What if I don't drink wine (sparkling, white or rose) or beer?
We also have soft drinks available onboard, however, if you want to bring pre-mixes, that's fine. Just let us know at the time of booking. We do not permit spirits or red wine on board.
Can I bring my children on a sunset cruise?
We generally say that the Sip & Sail Sunset Cruise is adults-only. However, we do make an exception during school holidays when kids are welcome. During the school holidays, we will arrange special child-friendly drinks and snacks to be on board.
Is the boat suitable for the elderly or people with difficulty walking?
If they can walk up a couple of stairs with assistance, then yes and we can make them very comfortable on board.
- Cruise is subject to a minimum of 4 guests
- Dietary requirements must be requested at the time of booking
- Due to the small number of passengers on these tours it is advised to book early
- The Operator reserves the right to change or cancel your booking in accordance with operating requirements or circumstances beyond its control
- More than 30 days before departure – 10% of total cost
- Between 7 and 30 days before departure - 50% of total cost
- Less than 7 days before departure - 80% of total cost
- Within 24 hours of departure - 100% of total cost
Read full supplier's terms & conditions