- 4hr what watching cruise
- Morning tea
- Light lunch
- Transfers to and from the marina
WHAT TO EXPECT
Imagine being awed as one of the largest creatures in the ocean launches its body into the sky, before crashing gracefully back into the water and then popping up just meters away from you to say a curious hello. On this whale-watching cruise, you'll get to spend half a day on the water marvelling at the majesty of the humpback whales on their annual migration. The experience of seeing these whales up close is really like no other, and the crew will do their absolute best to ensure you leave with unforgettable memories of your encounters.
These marine mammals spend the summer feeding on krill in the icy waters of the Antarctic, before migrating north to mate and give birth. They reach Queensland's tropical waters around June, spending a few months in the warm, calmer waters, before heading back south in November. The best time to spot them is between August and October when their numbers are the highest.
The calm and protected waters off the coast near Bundaberg are a popular stopping point and offer ideal conditions for whales. It's part of what is known as the "whale highway". The region is blessed with youthful juvenile whales playing and frolicking together, and mothers and calves feeding to build up their reserves for the long trip south. The calm waters are also great for boat tours, giving humans the chance to see these creatures in their natural environment.
The stable, luxury catamaran boasts 360-degree views for uninterrupted whale watching and plenty of photo opportunities. You'll also enjoy morning tea and a light lunch on board, plus the vessel is licenced, so you can purchase alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. The tour is run by an environmentally responsible operator, following all rules and guidelines for a safe and enjoyable experience while posing no harm to these incredible creatures.
Will we definitely see whales?
Whales are wild animals, and our staff make every effort to make each tour an exciting and memorable one. Although we cannot control the movements or behaviour of these beautiful wild creatures, we have a 100% success rate on all of our Whale Watching tours.
- All tours are subject to weather and minimum numbers and may be changed without notice due to conditions on the day and will incur no liability for any such cancellation or alteration
- The operator reserves the right to substitute vessels if necessary
- The operator holds no responsibility for loss or damage to goods
If the customer chooses to cancel their tour for any reason, the following fees apply:
- 20% cancellation fee if cancelled from date of booking to 60 hours prior to tour date
- Cancellation 48-60 hours prior to tour date 50% cancellation fee will apply
- Less than 48 hours or failure to board 100% of the fare is withheld
Read full supplier's terms & conditions