- 7 nights accommodation in an Outside Cabin with 2x Single Beds
- Explore the upper Murraylands onboard a cruise!
- All meals (table d’hote and a la carte menus)
- An exciting selection of onshore tours
- Guided nature walks & eco excursions
- On-board presentations
- Live entertainment
- Complimentary return coach transfers from Adelaide or returns to the Adelaide Airport or car parking in Mannum (bookings essential)
7 Night Upper Murraylands CruiseExplore the Murray River onboard an all-inclusive cruise!
What to Expect
This delightful 7-night cruise takes you from Mannum to the Upper Murraylands historical township of Morgan. Experience spectacular scenery as you cruise along towering cliffs to expansive farmlands. Along the way, you’ll see a variety of Australian wildlife, including kangaroos and 350 bird species that inhabit this area.
Highlights include local cellar door tastings, vineyard and garden tours, a visit to well-known Banrock Station Wine and Wetland Centre, guided walks around historic towns, an Aussie barbecue beside the river, a visit to a wildlife shelter, sheep shearing demonstration, and a guided walk through one of Australia’s aboriginal archaeological sites at Ngaut Ngaut Conservation Park.
Where We Visit:
- Depart historic Mannum
- Get up close to the river birdlife on board the ‘Dragon-Fly’ flat-bottomed boat
- Cruise through Lock #1 at Blanchetown
- Delight in a scenic tender boat ride
- Riverland food & wine tasting (tasting of 2 reds & 2 white wines & local produce)
- Visit the picturesque town of Waikerie
- Experience Banrock Station Wine & Wetland Centre including a delicious lunch followed by a DVD presentation & wine tastings
- Tour the gardens and orchards and visit the cellar door at Caudo Vineyard
- Guided walk of the Morgan township and the Morgan Living History Museum
- Take a walking tour of the Swan Reach township and visit the Swan Reach Museum (gold coin donation at entry)
- Big Bend towering sandstone cliffs
- Watch the Sunnydale Woolshed Show and Native Wildlife Shelter
- Riverside Aussie Barbecue
- Optional Nocturnal Tour in a comfortable purpose built cart where you may see kangaroos, wombats, foxes, bats, and owls (additional cost)
- Optional Bush Tucker Breakfast (additional cost)
- Explore the Ngaut Ngaut Aboriginal Reserve archaeological sites with an expert local guide
Mid-afternoon, the PS Murray Princess departs historic Mannum, the birthplace of the Murray River trade and communication. The tour travels upriver while you enjoy a Welcome Dinner. As you cruise under floodlight to overnight mooring at Caurnamont, you may see nocturnal wildlife on the riverbank. Watch for kangaroos, hairy-nosed wombats, tortoises, egrets, and many other species. An onboard entertainer provides music for the night owls.
At daybreak, it's time for the keen photographers to capture the light and morning movement of wildlife. Prolific birdlife includes pelicans, wrens, and swans. In the morning, your discovery vessel embarks on a wildlife tour. Travelling in small, personalised groups, you'll explore the maze of the river and the birdlife. Watch for darters, herons, and egrets feeding along the river’s muddy edges.
For those who choose to stay on board, you may wish to partake in a game of bocce or compete in the fishing challenge before cruising upriver past Walker Flat to Sugar Shack Conservation Park. In the afternoon, join the group in the Sturt Dining Room for a special presentation on the bounty of food and wine produced in the Riverland. After dinner, enjoy entertainment from an onboard entertainer.
The tour continues cruising upriver. Enjoy breakfast and pass through one of 13 locks that maintain the flow and levels of water. In the morning, enjoy free time and in the afternoon join in the fun playing a few games of bingo. Late afternoon, the tour will secure the vessel at Morgan and after dinner, enjoy entertainment by the talented crew.
Today, the tour is transferred by coach to the Riverland town of Waikerie and Banrock Station Wine and Wetland Centre near Kingston On Murray. Enjoy free time in Waikerie and at Banrock Station engage in cellar door wine tastings followed by a delicious lunch and DVD presentation. There will be time to take a stroll around the gardens and orchard. Return by coach to Morgan where the tour will re-board the Murray Princess and continue the journey upriver.
After breakfast, the tour arrives at the picturesque Caudo Vineyard located at Hogwash Bend. Here, you will enjoy cellar door tastings and explore the gardens and orchards. Enjoy a leisurely lunch as you cruise downriver back towards Morgan. Mid-afternoon, join a guided walk of the Morgan township and the Morgan Living History Museum. The tour departs Morgan late afternoon and secures at Donald Flat Lagoon for overnight moorage. After dinner, join the group to participate in the "Murray River Cup."
After breakfast, the tour will cruise to picturesque Swan Reach. The town was first settled in the 1850s and was originally the largest of five sheep and cattle stations in the area and is now home to native flower and fruit growers. The original Swan Reach homestead is now the Swan Reach Hotel where you can enjoy an ale or cappuccino overlooking the Murray River (additional cost). Join a walking tour and visit the Swan Reach Museum (gold coin donation at entry).
When the tour arrives at Sunnydale, it’s all ashore for the Woolshed Show as the tour recreates typical Australian woolshed history. Later, the tour visits the Native Wildlife Shelter to spot South Australia’s most interesting native animals. Next, there is the great Aussie Barbecue – cooked and served in a bush setting on the banks of the mighty Murray River.
An optional Nocturnal Tour (additional cost) in a comfortable purpose-built cart is available after dinner. You may see kangaroos, wombats, foxes, bats, and owls by powerful spotlights. Special stops along the way are included to view the spectacular night sky, which is part of the River Murray International Dark Sky Reserve.
After an optional Bush Tucker Breakfast (additional cost), the tour slowly cruises downriver past magnificent cliffs scoured by the river over millions of years. You'll reach Ngaut Ngaut Aboriginal Reserve, one of Australia’s most significant archaeological sites, for a step back in time. Embark on a guided boardwalk tour to learn about ancient rock carvings and aboriginal history in the area.
The tour returns to the vessel to cruise downriver to Younghusband. Along the way, adventure seekers can also take a scenic tender boat ride. At night, join your fellow passengers for a delicious final night dinner and evening entertainment.
The tour leaves Younghusband and travels back to Mannum. After breakfast, say farewell to new friends upon arrival at the Mannum Wharf.
- Murray Princess 7 Night Upper Murraylands Cruise (Outside Cabin): Single
FromAUD $5114Value AUD $5165SAVE AUD $51Check AvailabilityNext available: 09 Sep 2022
- Murray Princess 7 Night Upper Murraylands Cruise (Outside Cabin): Twin Share
FromAUD $5129Value AUD $5165SAVE AUD $36Check AvailabilityNext available: 09 Sep 2022
Frequently Asked Questions
- Lift access from Randell Deck to Sturt Deck
- Paddlewheel Lounge
- Sturt Bar
- Sturt Dining Room
- Sun Deck
- Onboard Souvenir Shop
- Public Amenities
- Mini Gym
Complimentary car parking is available at Mannum and is subject to availability and pre-bookings are essential.
Yes, the crew will deliver your luggage to your cabin after you have checked in.
You will require a Photo ID for each passenger (driver’s license or passport), or some form of acceptable identification and your travel documents.
Access to PS Murray Princess - whilst it is berthed at Mannum - is via Mary Ann Reserve.
- Complimentary coach transfers are available between Adelaide and Mannum (approx 90 minutes travel from Adelaide to Mannum) and are subject to availability – pre-bookings are essential. Adelaide Coach Transfers depart and return from the following CBD locations:
- Adelaide Central Bus Station 85 Franklin Street, Adelaide
- Hilton Adelaide 233 Victoria Square Adelaide
- Majestic Roof Garden Hotel 55 Frome Street, Adelaide
- Crowne Plaza Adelaide
- 27 Frome Street Adelaide
- Stamford Plaza Adelaide 150 North Terrace, Adelaide
- Mercure Grosvenor Hotel Adelaide 125 North Terrace, Adelaide
- Sage Hotel Adelaide 208 South Terrace, Adelaide
- The return arrival time to Adelaide on Monday and Friday is approximately 11 am to 11.30 am and an option to be transferred to Adelaide Airport is available – pre-bookings are essential.
There are 60 cabins across three decks and there are 3 categories of accommodation including inside, outside, and staterooms. There are 9 inside cabins, 45 outside cabins, and 6 staterooms, all with private ensuites. All inside and outside cabins have either twin share or double beds (doubles on request only and a surcharge applies) with two of them having a double and a single bed. The staterooms have a queen bed with 2 of the staterooms having an extra single bed.
During the day, sportswear and casual clothing are suggested. Do not wear bathing suits, singlets or brief attire in public rooms and lounges, especially in the dining room. Footwear is always requested in both the dining room and lounges. During the evening, smart casual wear is recommended – an open neck shirt and trousers for gentlemen and a dress, skirt or pants and blouse for the ladies. At the Captain’s Dinner on the final night of the cruise, a jacket and tie would not be out of place for gentlemen and a cocktail dress or pants outfit for the ladies. Be sure to bring a sun visor or hat, sunglasses, and good sunblock/sunscreen. Sandals, low-heeled deck shoes, walking shoes, or sneakers are most suitable on-deck and for onshore excursions.
- Above prices are based on an Outside Cabin with 2 x Single Beds.
- Outside Cabins with a double bed are on request and incur a surcharge and subject to availability at time of booking.
- Outside Cabins can accommodate an extra person based on 1 double bed and 1 single bed, but availability is limited. Outside Cabin Extra Person prices available on enquiry.
- Prices exclude on board charges such as optional tours & services and drinks.
- All prices are subject to availability and may not be valid for special event cruises, which are operated throughout the year.
- Murray Princess is not suitable for children.
- The Passenger Cruise Contract and Special Dietary & Allergy Information Form must be completed within 48 hours of confirming your booking online.
- Please refer to the Murray Princess Passenger Cruising Guide for more information.
- All guests are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and are required to have a negative Rapid Antigen Self-Test (RAT) taken on the morning of cruise departure. Tests are to be acquired at guests’ own expense for self-testing.
Cancellation of a Murray Princess booking or part thereof will incur the following fees:
- More than 60 days before departure - $50 per person
- Between 30 and 60 days before departure - Loss of deposit
- Between 15 and 30 days before departure - 50% of total cost
- Less than 14 days before departure - 100% of total cost
For cancellations made 15 days or more before departure, the full value (less an administration fee of $50 per person), may be applied to another cruise if completed within 24 months of the original booking. If the re-booked cruise is of a greater value, the difference must be paid upon re-booking. Special payment and cancellation conditions apply for groups of 15 or more and Special Event Cruises, which are available on application.
Refer to Suppliers full terms & conditions:
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely